✗ HI-TECH Propellers for AIRCRAFT / ULTRALIGHTS, ground adjustable pitch
✗ The world's lightest propellers
✗ Carbon propellers with Titanium leading edge protection
✗ Very strong : 100% carbon
, very high fibers ratio, RTM Manufacturing, leading edge protection
✗ Tractive and propulsive configurations; different chord widths and blade profiles
✗ Each model available in 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 blades
, in 9 different diameters (from 155 to 195 cm)
✗ Made in France
✗ E-PROPS production : 45.000 blades / year
✗ Propellers sold in more than 80 countries
01 - Design
02 - E-PROPS range for Aircraft / Ultralights
03 - The world's lightest propellers
04 - Blades
05 - Blade's foot
06 - Hubs / Spacers
07 - Spinners
08 - Finish
09 - Nanostrength or Titanium Shielding
10 - Moment of Inertia
11 - Balancing
12 - Quality / Certification / Life limitation
13 - Repairs / Spare Blades
14 - Mechanical Strength / Load Tests
15 - Tightening torque
16 - Max RPM
17 - Maintenance
18 - Satisfied or Your Money Back during 6 Months
19 - Pilots Feedback
20 - Manuals
Propellers "of 3rd generation"
: efficient, ultra-light, quiet and very strong.
Made in France since 2008 : see page E-PROPS company.
The secret of their exceptional performances ?
- Extensive research of the E-PROPS design department, with many tests campaigns on wind tunnel, the development of an exceptional software called (LmPTR©
and many tests mechanical campaigns (example => VIDEO : E-PROPS test campaign V20 range
- A manufacturing process
which allows a very lightweight
- Specific E-PROPS designs with high CL profiles. E-PROPS propellers design, see : DESIGN and TESTS
- Propellers with high ESR effect
: ground adjustable pitch propellers which behaviour is very near from the behaviour of a variable pitch propeller.
02- E-PROPS range for Aircraft / Ultralights
At E-PROPS, our team does not propose a "universal blade" that does everything, that can be cut at will, and that is therefore not always well adapted to the mission of the aircraft ...
Each E-PROPS is designed and developed for :
- the characteristics of the motor in question and its gearbox (if applicable)
- the study of engine cooling and air flow in the engine
- a defined aircraft speed range
- the aircraft configuration: tractor, pusher, high wings, low wings, and wings/fuselage interactions
- the use of the aircraft: speed, cruise, towing, STOL... and the desired performances
E-PROPS has developed numerous blade models, with several rope widths and several profiles, in both tractive and propulsive configurations.
Each model is available in 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 blades, in 9 different diameters (from 155 to 195 cm).
Thousands of E-PROPS propellers equip more than 250 different models of aircraft (LSA) and ultralights
, all over the world.
03- The world's lightest propellers
E-PROPS are by far the lightest propellers in the world.
A few weighs, including screws and bolts :
- 3-blade tractor DURANDAL-3 dia 170 cm Titanium leading edge protection for Rotax 912S (100 hp) : 2.1 kg
- 2-blade tractor DURANDAL-2 dia 175 cm Titanium leading edge protectionfor Rotax 912 (80 hp) : 1.6 kg
- 5-blade pusher EXCALIBUR-5 dia 172 cm Titanium leading edge protection for Rotax 914 (115 hp) : 3.2 kg
To understand the advantages of a lightweight propeller, click here : ULTRA-LIGHT PROPELLERS
The E-PROPS are fully made in carbon.
Optimum use of carbon fibers braid and epoxy resin to obtain ultra-light and very strong blades.
HCF system (Helical Continuous Fibers : Fibres Continues Hélicoïdales), specifically designed by E-PROPS.
Very high fibers ratio : 63%
See the page E-PROPS MANUFACTURING
05- Blade's feet
Carbon fiber rolled up on a titanium ring, for an exceptional strength.
No risk of galvanic corrosion because no metal part.
06- Hubs / Spacers
Hubs made in full carbon + epoxy resin
Ground adjustable pitch system
- V12 range (manufacture from February 2012): compact two-piece volume hub for minimum drag and optimised engine cooling
- V20 range (manufacture from April 2020): hub in 3 parts (2 ultra-thin parts and 1 spacer with centering drive lugs)
Compact hub for minimum drag and to optimize engine's cooling
Innovative system to replace the usual spacers in aluminium : EXTENDED HUBS
- V12 range : 11 spacer lengths, from +10 to 110 mm, completed by a 5 mm grey fibers plate if required
- V20 range : 38 different spacer lengths, from -20 to +170 mm
The E-PROPS spinners are in carbon, very strong and very light.
There are 3 types :
- V12 standard spinner : only compatible with the V12 range, diameters from 210 to 300 mm
- mini spinner with central screw : compatible only with the V12 range, diameter 130 mm
- V20 standard spinners : compatible only with the V20 range, diameters from 210 to 380 mm
See here : E-PROPS SPINNERS
Finish with shiny polish.
The carbon braid remains visible; each blade is unique.
No paint, varnish or gel-coat, because those products are very polluting.
The E-PROPS company is committed in an eco-management approach
and proscribes this type of products.
In addition, paints, varnish and gel-coat do not allow to easily repair the blades in case of impact.
Only the spinners can be painted.
09- Nanostrength or Titanium Shielding
All E-PROPS have an internal shielding in the blades : injection at the leading edge of a special resin with Nanostrength® additive shock.
In special cases (as seaplanes), it is strongly recommended to put an extra protection on the blades leading edge, in order to reinforce it,
with a polyurethane protection tape used on certified helicopter rotor blades.
Since October, 2019, the E-Props propellers V20 range are including a TITANIUM
protection on the blade leading edge.
See here : NANOSTRENGTH or TITANIUM SHIELDING
10- Moment of Inertia
The E-PROPS, ultra-light, strictly respect the MOI limitations given the engines manufacturers.
Moment of inertia of each model calculated then verified on the tests bench.
See details here : MOMENT OF INERTIA
The E-PROPS propellers are precisely balanced at workshop.
The team is using an electronic bench to balance the propellers, with oscilloscopes.
More information here : BALANCING
12- Quality / Certification / Life Limitation
The E-Props propellers are designed, manufactured and tested to meet the requirements of the aeronautical standards.
They are ASTM F2506-13
certified (lSA standards).
No life limitation.
MTBO recommended at 2.000 hours
Quality and safety are ongoing concerns for the E-PROPS company, throughout the design, procurement, manufacturing, testing and marketing of all its products.
More information on page QUALITY
13- Repairs / Spare Blade
Small impacts can be easily repaired (epoxy resin without paint, varnish or gel-coat).
A repair kit is available in this e-shop.
See details here REPAIRS
On the V20 range, the Titanium leading edge protection can be changed if it is damaged: it is not necessary to change the whole blade.
By E-PROPS, it is also possible to change only one blade.
See explanations on the page : SPARE BLADES
14- Mechanical Strength / Tests
E-PROPS is doing many tests on all the propellers models.
See here TESTS ON GROUND
Example => VIDEO : E-PROPS test campaign V20 range
Test campaign : E-PROPS propellers for Aircraft (LSA) & Ultralights, 2020 range. Tensile, bending and torsion tests.
Carbon parts as strong as the Rotax gearbox shaft !
15- Tightening torque
The screws tightening must be done with a torque wrench
Torque value is indicated in the Manual given with each propeller.
It is very important to follow the value of each model exactly.
16- Max RPM
The E-PROPS propellers are designed for the limitations of each engine.
Example : Max RPM, engines ROTAX serie 9 = 2.600 RPM
(measured at propeller = engine max RPM / reducer ratio.).
Maintenance is simple :
- Before each flight: visual inspection of the propeller (particularly check the leading edge) and check the screws tightening.
- Every 100 hours of flight and/or every 6 months
: check of the screws tightening.
- EXCALIBUR-6 V12 model => every 25 hours of flight and/or every 3 months : check of the screws tightening.
Cleaning of a carbon propeller is made with a sponge, with some water with soap, or with a product for windows cleaning.
18- Satisfied ou Your Money Back during 6 Months
E-PROPS is the only propellers manufacturer in the world to propose a guarantee
SATISFIED or YOUR MONEY BACK DURING 6 MONTHS
to the customers.
19- Avis Pilotes
Our customers are our best ambassadors!
See here the PILOTS FEEDBACK
=> SEE PAGE MANUALS and DOCUMENTATIONS